Running!
Yeah! You know what's even more fun?
Puking at the end and passing out!
Or so I must think?!?!?!?!
A 5K in TWENTY FOUR MINUTES? Apparently, I can't add. Or multiply. or use a calculator. or find a pace calculator website. That's a 7:43 pace. I'm an IDIOT. I remember picking the goal. I wasn't drunk. Is being an idiot a good excuse? When I was training for the marathon, I ran a very successful speedwork session. I could look it up, but I'm lazy. The mile splits were somewhere in the low 8 minute range. I also ran a pretty quick tempo run one day, in the low 8 minute range again with a portion of that dropping a bit into a high 7 minute pace (once, ONE TIME). I was extremely proud of myself, as I should be....that was fassssssssssssssssst for me. But mile repeats are not a race. Mile repeats involved recovery jogs (probably one of my favorite things about running). Races do not. I also decided to execute my attempt at this goal in JUNE. IN NORTH CAROLINA.
Ahem, yes. I AM making excuses before the race even starts. Of course, I seem to be lacking the "stop that" button in my brain, so I'm continuing to train at this level. It's only a few more weeks. I have gotten fastER, I feel stronger for longer periods of time going faster than a nine minute mile. But. Oh, the difference between a 9:00 mile and a 7:43 mile is like high school football in texas and the NFL.
The race is June 13th. We'll see what happens.
I haven't blogged in a while, I was realllllllly bored for a straight week and had absolutely NOTHING to say. Now, I'm back to school (four classes) and wedding plan finalizing is in full swing. So I went from a three hour nap every day to good ole regular acey-busy.
Actually, mile repeats are a good test of what you can do in a race. With a couple of weeks to go, I think you can reach that goal.
ReplyDeletei hope so! I ran a 7:43 (on the nose!) mile repeat last week and a 3:30 800 yesterday...
ReplyDeletei can always feel how hard i'm working, but i haven't felt like I was going all out yet...one more week!