It was weird. I know those people weren't paying any attention to me because their kid was probably almost involved in some super big play every second. I know this because of the way these MOTHERS were shouting. With every ounce of their being (they weren't *that* far from the field) they hollered at their kids and their kids' teammates. At one point a girl was set to take a shot on goal and a woman yelled, "go 1, you got this"! "1" kicked and the ball was easily stopped by the goalie. At the SAME volume, the woman yelled "WEAK". To a middle schooler. UNACCEPTABLE.
On my cool down, I heard another woman (maybe the same woman? maybe she has no sense of appropriate voice volume?) say "I've been counting, she's on SEVENTEEN". I would've preferred to hear her amazement around lap thirteen when I was sucking wind about to die.
I came home after running to an empty house. Holmes has tennis tonight. We are both going out of town this weekend and there is a ridiculous amount of veggies in the fridge so I made the biggest salad ever. One of our cost cutting efforts involves fewer trips to Costco. This means fewer giant boxes of skinny cow ice cream sandwiches in our freezer, something that stabs me in the heart just a little every night. If you read the post title, I think you can figure out where this is going. I'm trying to avoid going to Coldstone Creamery...alone. I ate well, I ran hard. Yet, something about going out to get ice cream alone...it feels a little like cracking open a bottle of Jack...alone. So I thought I'd blog in effort to keep me busy until Holmes gets home and tells me he's tired and just wants dinner (which is what I WANT him to say...).
Oh Coldstone...I went to their website to check calorie content...I can actually put together a pretty decent treat. But while on their website, I discover ICE CREAM CUP CAKES. Holy Lord, it's like ice cream cake, but in cupcake form and the WRAPPER IS MADE OF CHOCOLATE. Fortunately, they only come in packs of six. Otherwise, I'd be there right now and this blog wouldn't exist.
Holmes isn't home yet...keep blogging....no going for ice cream alone...
Riley had to go to the vet yesterday to get his Lyme Disease vaccine updated. Thank goodness because he had a tick today. Ew. I plucked it off, the head came out no problem, but this means no more of our long favorite walks up the trail behind our place. There is some major tall grass and I'm almost positive that's where it came from. After plucking it off, I was itchy for an hour, just thinking about it. (yes, i know ticks don't make you itch, but you know, the thought of bugs, ew, i'm itchy now). Riley also has a yeast infection in his ear. Apparently floppy eared dogs are prone to these. Someone could've told me. Holmes thinks it is HILAAARIOUS.
Holmes is home...will I get ice cream???????
No comments:
Post a Comment