so I cleaned the house. my, how I LUH-UV a clean house....then I had an afternoon to kill before Holmes got home...
so I baked. haaaaaaaaahahaha. If you know me, you know that's funny.
I put on an apron and even used the mixer!
I decided to do banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts. Chose a low-fat ish recipe and planned to just add some random amount of chocolate and walnuts at the end of mixing since they weren't in the recipe. Well, I have a tendency to screw up when following recipes, so I tend to get super meticulous about following it exactly as best I can. Including putting the bread in the oven without adding the chocolate chips and walnuts. About fifteen minutes later, I noticed the unopened bags on the counter. Well, I had gone out and bought the durn things special, so I pulled out the bread, stirred it (yes, it had definitely already started to form a bottom crust) and added the chocolate chips and walnuts. That's when I realized I wasn't gonna get my pretty light colored bread with dark chocolate dots through out... because the batter was already HOT. I'm a dolt. So it's a strange dark color. But it sure is tasty!
Next, I followed Neena's suggestion for flourless peanut butter cookies. Got everything together (all three ingredients, look out, it was tough...) and then read the recipe, "combine in mixer". First, I was disappointed, then I remembered that we DO have a mixer! So I whipped that out and um, well, had no clue what to do next. Fortunately,
Miranda is as attached to her phone as I am, so I texted her this picture and asked which one to use. Whew, crisis averted. Finished those up no problem...I never realized how GREASY peanut butter is. I had to wash my hands three times. ick!They are SUPER tasty though...
No comments:
Post a Comment