Monday, July 13, 2009

back to the real world...and the road

I haven't run since Friday the 3rd. 10 days!

We had planned to take our shoes on the cruise, they have tracks around the top, but in a split second decision Sunday the 5th at 5am, we yanked our shoes out of our suitcases and left them in the back of Mom's car. I didn't miss it one bit.



I can't wait to start building my mileage again though. Couple weeks of rebuilding and maintenance, then we'll start training for the Thunder Road half after the beginning of September (just in time for football!).

At one point last week, while I was reveling in the joyousness that was the honeymoon, I started to wonder if I would go through some sort of post wedding bummed out period, with nothing to look forward to....but turns out, there is plenty to look forward to.



We move into our new place the last weekend in July (anyone wanna help? I'll provide pizza and beer afterwards as always!) And we get start attending our new church regularly.

I finish summer grad school classes the last week of July.



I get to go through the name changing process (so the "means" aren't the fun part, it's the "ends" that's exciting!)

Panthers football starts August 17th...I am beyond excited for this. It's SO CLOSE! And my cousins got us some rockin' awesome Panthers CORNHOLE BOARDS! and we'll have a yard where we can actually play!!!!



I start real grad school the last week in August, going to campus and everything. This is actually slightly terrifying to me, but that's a blog for another time.

September starts college football again, I don't know how many VT games I'll be able to make it to with school, but hopefully at least a few. I already know I have to miss the UNC game...in Blacksburg...because I have class on Thursday nights. Who knows, maybe my professor will be a football fan. Ha. (oh yeah, and Sept has my birthday).



October is Halloween month and we have a place to throw parties again so start thinking of your costumes! (No VT game that Saturday, so Richmond folks are REQUIRED)

November is Thanksgiving and traveling to see family (hopefully some will come to see us? the new married couple in their first home for their first Thanksgiving?)



December is duh, December. Both football seasons are exciting, the semester will be finishing up and it's CHRISTMAS!

In case I lost you on WHY I'm posting these ramblings...my point is that real life is exciting too. Our honeymoon (post and pics still to come) was fantastic. More than I could have ever expected or asked for. But going back home isn't sad, it's time to start my life as Mrs Holmes.

1 comment:

  1. You do have lots of great things to look forward to! For me, life didn't even truly start until my name changed. :) (Though that process is annoying.) Very happy for you and all of the great times you are heading toward....

    ReplyDelete