This could be long or short, I might be late for work, but it's time for this to come out!
I run. A lot. I love it, I'm obsessed with it and I enjoy talking about it almost as much as I love talking about cochlear implants. I will talk to a stranger on the bus (if I ever rode the bus I would) and I will beg plead and push friends into running without a second thought. If you know, you probably already know that, because I've tried it on you!
I decided last week to start strength training. Holmes found us a great deal at a fantastic gym and I jumped right in....the deep end, without swim lessons. I did a BodyPump lifting class Friday afternoon and then a circuit training lifting workout...the NEXT MORNING. This is a basic exercise no-no. and I'm paying for it. Deeply.
Boooooring, you are probably thinking, stick with me, this goes somewhere....
We found a church, finally. We've been twice and have really enjoyed it both times. The preachers (we heard the head guy and a guest speaker) both "teach-preach". I like to learn about the history and the background of what the Word tells us. It helps me get deeper into the teachings. So (fortunately) this has my mind back on God a little more than it has been in the recent months.
The other day while running, I realized that I as much as I will talk freely about running or CIs to people, I may never speak Jesus' name to them. I'm not ashamed of my faith. I'm not scared of what someone might say back, but there is still something inside me that just doesn't care to share what I feel. Well, that's just plain sad. Because Jesus is way more exciting than running or CIs.
Mir, my philosophy partner, and I were discussing some of this the other day. She had an amazing encounter with God in her life last week and shared it on her blog. I told her, you know, I just don't have anything life altering to share. So I decided to spend a little time in the Word. I like "Our Daily Bread" because its short and concise, yet usually very touching. Yesterday, it was overboard! Every single one spoke to me directly. It was so reassuring. Not life altering, but comforting. God is still there, of course, He is, He never goes anywhere. It's ME that strays.
Well, I decided to try and stick with it and started with a devotional this morning, which has lead to this...
Luke 2:8-20
Just the basic story of how the birth of Jesus was shared with people. Jesus was born. For us.
Amazing. Life altering. Wonderful.
Now, having to spend this extra time "resting" and NOT running or working out, I've had a bit of time to consider all of this...and I'm glad for it.
It's nice how things get twisted sometimes
Awww, friend I LOVE this. I am all sniffly and teary eyed. And you're right - the pure fact that Jesus was born and died for us is life altering and amazing - and we live that every.single.day.
ReplyDeleteYay Jesus! :) And yay you...and I guess yay running too although I'm not so sure about that one.