I am so proud of my husband, Coach Holmes.
It was God's sweet subtle moves that brought us to Candace and David, our across the street neighbors and newest good friends, and helped Mike get started in volunteering at Reynolds, but it was Mike's hard work that got him the job.
He worked harder and longer hours than even some of the paid coaches, not to show off or show up, but to show that he is dedicated. And it paid off. The head coach noticed, and appreciated, Mike's efforts.
Now that he is head JV coach and offensive backs coach for varsity, he is more tired than I've ever seen him but also happier than I've ever seen him, and if you know Mike, you know he's a pretty flippin' happy guy mist all of the time...
He's teaching Honors World History first block. He's got the textbook open and looks over his students' work every night he doesn't have a game. Games are Thursdays and Fridays (except when they're not, story to follow). JV Thursday at six (which I love attending-watching my husband work is a unique perk, not many wives get that opp, right Mir?) and Varsity-Friday at seven. You know I love football but high school people watching (kids AND parents) is so fun.
Not having him home til after 7 most nights and between 10-12 some nights has been a bit of a transition but it's so worth it knowing he's finally doing what he loves. I've been re-learning to cook and have time to actually be a wife (good riddance grad school!)
Reynolds JV is 1-2, Varsity is 2-1.
The most major change in our family as a result of all this is the laundry. The maroon and orange have almost completely been replaced with black and gold!
No comments:
Post a Comment