A dear friend, just had a baby late last night. She and her husband already had three children with no plans to have more, but Beckett surprised them and they are wonderfully happy about it. And in turn, I'm ecstatic for them. I hope to get to visit soon, they live in Charlotte.
Two of my best friends are also pregnant. One is having some minor complications, but has great potential to turn out just fine. It is so amazing to me how this is putting an even deeper hold onto our solid three-way friendship. Sharing such an amazing part of their life with them is so special. I can't express how glad I am that I'm able to be geographically close to them during all this. And I thought the Baptist externship was just good for my career! Oh their bellies are really showing and even though they won't believe me, neither of them look fat. Truth. They haven't gained weight in their faces...just those precious bellies housing a precious Peanut and a sweet Bean. I love touching them, and I'm grateful they don't just let me touch, but that they encourage it and show me where to wait for a kick or nudge. This time last year, I think I was longing to get pregnant...but I truly think that was because it seemed like a way out of grad school. I'm still not ready just yet. I'm so happy for my friends, but I have no desire to be in their position. Mike and I still have some settling to do, but I think the yearn will start to come back soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment