Tuesday, January 20, 2009

historic day

today, well, it was a big day...

(I should be studying)



Barack Obama, the nation's first black president was sworn in. I watched the two hours of coverage before only to miss the actual inauguration oath. The speech and benediction were pretty amazing to me...the poem, mmmmm, maybe I'll read it later and have a different view....

I also started training for my first marathon. The North Carolina Marathon on May 2nd, 2009 is 15 weeks away. Holmes started training for his first half marathon. We are amazing. Yeah, I said it. what?
I ran six today. Big whoop so far. It's week 4 that gets tricky. I'll run farther than I ever have before. I'm nervous. I was actually nervous throughout my entire six miler tonight. Which is just plain silly I know...but oh well.



Today, Holmes visited me at work briefly. To drop off my new (free) phone (it's awesome btw). This is newsworthy, because we got the phone by adding me to his cell phone plan. I know we live together, but this cell phone thing feels like such a huge milestone for us. It almost officially makes us family. And I really like thinking of him as family.



I was also going to talk about how I participated in my first "class" leading to my much-desired, long-awaited graduate degree...but it was cancelled. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment